5 Tips to Buying a Used Car
A car has become an essential part of every family in today’s age, but not everyone can afford to buy a brand new car. But worry not; there are thousands of used cars available at affordable rates. However, unlike brand new cars, used cars must be bought after deep scrutiny. To make sure you get the best deal for your hard earned money, follow these tips to buy a used car:
- First thing is to decide how much you are willing to spend on a used car. To save yourself from any hassle later on, ask the seller about the price. Is it negotiable or fixed? Now, this is the price you have to pay for the car only. You should also keep in mind the ongoing expenses like fuel, insurance, maintenance, servicing etc. Are you ready to afford these?
- The only way to find the best deal for your money is to shop around. Contact several car sellers and get appointments. Make a list of what you like about a car and what you don’t. This way you can compare the options and choose the best one.
- To ensure the seller is not selling you a lemon, ask if you can get it professionally examined. If the seller allows for it, bring a car mechanic you trust and ask him to have a look at the car.
- When buying a used car, don’t forget to ask for the car’s maintenance history. A car having a regular maintenance history must be your priority. Look for a car with regular oil changes, minor repairs and thorough servicing etc. Also ask yourself, how often was the auto parts replaced? Did the seller buy them from a trusted site like AutoDOC.co.uk ? The maintenance history will also explain if the car’s ever been in a major or minor accident. You can also get this information through the car’s VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Always test drive the car before signing the deal. And when you do, awaken the detective inside you. Is that a banging sound you hear? Uh oh, we’ve got a problem. Are the seats comfortable? Did the brakes squeal? Do the tires have enough tread left? How’s the air conditioning? Is something burning? Buy the car only if you’re completely satisfied with the car.